Are you looking to create a website on a tight budget? Thanks to free web hosting in the Philippines, you can publish your own site without spending anything.
Free web hosts in the Philippines provide server space and bandwidth at no cost.
This allows you to get a basic website online, though free plans have limits on things like storage space, monthly data transfers, and a number of email accounts.
They work well for personal pages, small business sites, blogs, and portfolios.
While paid plans have more robust features, free options are a great way to dip your toes into web hosting – especially if you’re on a budget.
In the Philippines, there are a number of decent free hosting providers to choose from.
In this article, we’ll compare the top free web hosting options available for Filipino users.
We’ll look at key factors like:
- Available disk space and bandwidth limits
- Ability to use your own domain name
- Any ads displayed on free sites
- Ease of use for site building and management
- Overall reliability and uptime
By the end, you’ll know which free host is best aligned with your needs.
You’ll also have a better understanding of the limitations of free plans versus paid web hosting services.
While free options won’t work for larger or more complex sites, they can be just what you need to publish basic personal or small business web pages in the Philippines.
Let’s dive in and compare the leading no-cost web hosting providers!
Top Free Web Hosting Services in the Philippines
Now let’s take a deeper look at some of the top free web hosting providers available to users in the Philippines.
We’ll examine key features, pros and cons, and ideal use cases for each one.
Byet Host is a hosting company that offers a free subdomain hosting plan. Or you can pick from another 7 great names we have available.
Some key features:
- 1000 MB (one gigabyte!) Disk Space
- FTP account and File Manager
- Control Panel
- MySQL databases & PHP Support
- Free tech support
- Addon domain, Parked Domains, Sub-Domains
- Free Community Access (Forums)
- Clustered Servers
- No ads!
- Getting started is easy, with quick subdomain activation and setup
- PHP and MySQL help expand functionality for dynamic sites
- 100GB bandwidth is generous for a free plan
- Interface is user-friendly for those new to web hosting
- Storage is limited at 1GB
- Must use byethost subdomain, no free custom domain
- Site will display byethost ads
Overall, Byet Host is a solid option in the Philippines for launching a basic website.
It works well for new users and simple personal or small business sites like blogs. Just be aware of the limitations on storage space and lack of free domain name.
Awardspace offers one of the most generous free hosting packages available today.
Key features include:
- Free domain name registration
- 5GB web space
- 50GB monthly bandwidth
- Easy content management system
- PHP, MySQL, FTP access
- A free custom domain is extremely useful for establishing brand identity
- 5GB storage is ample room for most starter websites
- The content management system makes building sites simple
- 50GB bandwidth is among the highest offered on free plans
- Fewer advanced features compared to paid hosts
- Must renew free domain name annually or lose it
- Interface is dated compared to some competitors
For Filipinos who want a custom domain name for their site, Awardspace is a top contender.
The free domain and large allotments of storage and bandwidth make this a very versatile free hosting option. Just be prepared to renew your domain yearly.
000Webhost is a popular free web host with the following features:
- Free domain name
- 1GB storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- App installer for adding CMS, galleries, blogs
- PHP, MySQL, cPanel
- A free domain is a major perk, like Awardspace
- Unlimited bandwidth for serving site content
- App installer streamlines adding key site features
- cPanel offers robust site management capabilities
- Just 1GB of storage, less than some competitors
- Must renew free domain annually or lose it
- Limit of one add-on domain allowed
For users wanting cPanel access along with a free domain name, 000Webhost is a compelling option.
The unlimited bandwidth and app installer help offset the low storage allocation.
Overall an excellent free choice for launching a simple, customized site.
InfinityFree is a hosting provider known for its robust free offering:
- Free domain name
- Unlimited web space & bandwidth
- PHP, MySQL, emails, FTP
- Site builder & templates
- No limits on storage or bandwidth is hard to beat
- Getting a free domain name increases perceived legitimacy
- Good selection of site builder tools & templates
- Email accounts and FTP access expand functionality
- Sites show infinityfree footer ads
- Paid plan offers more features and support
- Interface not as modern looking as some competitors
InfinityFree stands out for offering unlimited resources even on its free tier. This makes it a flexible option for all types of basic websites.
Just note that the service displays subtle ads, and advanced users may want to opt for a paid plan.
Free Host Comparison in the Philippines
Here’s a quick overview comparing key features of the top free hosting providers in the Philippines:
|Solid starter option, easy for beginners
|Excellent value with free domain & ample limits
|Unlimited bandwidth and app installer are plusses
|Can’t beat unrestricted storage and bandwidth
When choosing a free web hosting in the Philippines, storage space and bandwidth limits are key factors.
But the ability to use a free custom domain should also be considered if you want a professional brand name for your site.
Evaluate your site’s intended purpose and target audience to determine which free plan best aligns with your needs.
For very basic sites, even 1GB storage may suffice.
But if you intend to build out more robust content, the higher limits of Awardspace and InfinityFree would be better.
The free hosts above are all reliable options with intuitive interfaces.
So ease of use likely won’t be a differentiator.
Instead, focus on which provider offers the features and resources most suited for your website.
When to Consider Paid Web Hosting
While free plans can work well for some sites, you’ll eventually need to upgrade to paid hosting if:
- You outgrow the resource limits – If your storage, bandwidth, or functionality needs exceed what’s allowed on free plans, it’s time to upgrade. Paid plans offer more resources.
- You require advanced features – Things like advanced site analytics, dedicated IPs, email marketing integration, server-side caching, and more are only available on paid plans.
- You want better support – Free hosts typically offer little to no customer support. Paid plans provide much better support via phone, chat, tickets, and knowledge bases.
- You don’t want ads on your site – Most free hosts display subtle ads on your pages. Paid plans are ad-free.
Popular paid hosting options in the Philippines include Truehost.ph, PixiePro, GoDaddy, Bluehost, Hostinger, and SiteGround.
Paid plans start around $2 to $10 monthly for shared hosting.
However, the additional resources and features often justify the nominal cost for more professional sites.
Get Started with Free Web Hosting in the Philippines
Hopefully this gives you a good overview of the competitive landscape for free web hosting in the Philippines.
Each provider has its own pros, cons, and ideal use cases.
For launching basic websites on a tight budget, free hosts provide an excellent starting point.
Be sure to evaluate your individual needs and choose the provider offering the resources, features, and limits best suited for your site.
Ready to get started?
Sign up for one of these reputable free hosting services to launch your own Philippine website today!
Choosing the Best Free Web Host for You
When it comes to free web hosting in the Philippines, you have several solid options to choose from.
Let’s recap some key pointers that can help you select the right provider for your needs:
- Evaluate your storage needs – If you just need a basic site of a few pages, 1GB should suffice. But if you want to host lots of content, video, or media files, choose a host with more generous limits like Awardspace or InfinityFree.
- Consider bandwidth needs – Again, if your site is simple, even 50GB monthly may be more than enough. But heavy traffic sites need unlimited bandwidth like 000Webhost or InfinityFree provide.
- Decide if you want a free domain – Hosts like Awardspace, 000Webhost, and InfinityFree offer free domain name registration for one year. This adds legitimacy and brand power. But you have to renew each year or lose that domain.
- Accept that free means limited – Free plans have resource limits, lack advanced features, and display some ads. Only upgrade to paid hosting if you truly outgrow what free offers.
- Factor in ease of use – For beginners, choose friendly interfaces like Byet Host or Awardspace. Those with technical skills may prefer more functionality from 000Webhost or InfinityFree.
- Read reviews – Check hosting review sites to learn from other users’ experiences with each provider. Avoid any with consistently negative feedback.
- Start small and upgrade later – Use free hosting to test the waters and grow an audience. If your site takes off, paid hosting can better support increased traffic and complexity.
Here is a quick recap of key strengths for top Philippines free hosting options:
- Byet Host – Best for beginners wanting an easy starting point.
- Awardspace – Excellent well-rounded option with free domain.
- 000Webhost – Provides cPanel access and unlimited bandwidth.
- InfinityFree – Hard to beat unlimited resources though with ads.
While paid hosts offer more, any of these providers can power free basic websites for Filipinos on a tight budget.
Alternatives to Free Web Hosting in the Philippines
If even low-cost paid hosting is beyond your budget, some other alternatives include:
- Blogger – Build free sites through Google’s platform. Limited customization.
- Wix – Create sites with free Wix templates. Must use a Wix subdomain.
- WordPress.com – Publish free WordPress blogs and sites with their subdomains.
Just remember the tradeoffs with these options – less control over branding, design, features, and monetization.
- Shop around and compare free hosts to find your best match
- Read reviews and look for hidden “catches” for each provider
- Monitor site uptime – ditch unreliable free hosts
- Upgrade to paid hosting when you outgrow free limits
- Use free as a stepping stone before investing in paid plans
We hope this overview gives you a better understanding of your options for free web hosting in the Philippines.
With the right free provider, you can launch and grow an affordable website to share your passions or promote your business.
Remember to choose based on your specific needs.
And leverage the power of free hosting to establish your online presence on a budget!
No, GoDaddy web hosting in the Philippines is not free. However, they do offer a free domain with any annual Hosting or WordPress plan, or you can get your first .com for just ₱176.89 (source: GoDaddy Free Domain). Their cheapest web hosting plan, Economy Hosting, costs ₱199.00 per month with a 1-year term.
Yes, you can get a free domain name in the Philippines from some web hosting providers. For example, Hostinger offers a free domain name with their Premium and Business web hosting plans (source: Hostinger Free Domain). However, it’s important to note that some providers may require you to purchase a web hosting plan in order to get the free domain name.
Yes, Google offers a free website builder called Google Sites. You can use it to create a simple website for personal or business use. Google Sites provides a variety of templates and customization options that allow you to create a basic website without any coding experience. However, if you want to use a custom domain name or have more advanced features, you may need to upgrade to a paid version of Google Sites or use a different web hosting provider (source: Google Sites: Create & Host Business Websites | Google Workspace).
Yes, it is possible to host your own website for free. However, it requires technical knowledge and resources to set up and maintain a server. You will also need to register a domain name and configure your DNS settings. There are some free web hosting services available, but they may have limitations such as limited storage, bandwidth, or features. It’s important to research and compare different options to find the best solution for your needs (source: How to Host Your Own Website for Free – wikiHow).