GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosting providers around the world. Founded in 1997 in the US, GoDaddy offers a wide range of hosting services including:
- Domain registration
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated servers
However, some people wonder if GoDaddy also has a presence and offers its services in the Philippines specifically.
In this article, we will examine GoDaddy’s availability and offerings for customers in the Philippines.
|Storage space, bandwidth, email accounts, pricing
.ph domain availability
|Philippine Peso billing, documentation
|Locations in Asia like Singapore, Hong Kong
By the end, you’ll know whether GoDaddy can be a good option for hosting your website domestically within the Philippines.
The key aspects we’ll cover include:
- GoDaddy’s hosting plans and pricing
- Use of
- Localized support and billing
- Data center locations
So let’s dive in and find out!
A Background on GoDaddy
GoDaddy is an American-based company that was founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons in Arizona.
It started off by offering domain name registration and has expanded over the years into a wide range of online services.
Some key facts about GoDaddy:
- Provides over 77 million domain names worldwide
- Hosts over 20 million websites globally
- Offers products beyond just hosting such as email, security, ecommerce, marketing tools and more
- Employs over 7000 people
- Listed on the NYSE and reached nearly $3 billion in revenue in 2020
So in summary, GoDaddy is one of the largest internet domain registrars and web hosting companies in the world.
But does it have a presence specifically in the Philippines market?
GoDaddy in the Philippines
Let’s look at what services GoDaddy offers for customers in the Philippines:
Yes, GoDaddy allows Filipinos to register
.ph domains (the Philippines country code top-level domain) directly through their website and control panel.
Some key points about
.ph domain registration with GoDaddy:
- Domains can be purchased for 1 year up to 10 years
- Comes with free private domain registration
- Handles renewals automatically
- No extra fees for domains not hosted on GoDaddy
The process of registering a
.ph domain with GoDaddy is simple and straight-forward.
Just search for the desired domain, add it to your cart, complete checkout and all the steps are handled by GoDaddy.
In addition to
.ph domain registration, GoDaddy also provides web hosting services in the Philippines.
They offer a range of Linux-based shared hosting plans suitable for personal websites up to small businesses:
|Cost Per Month
The plans come with features like:
- Fast SSD storage
- Free SSL certificate
- Daily backups
- 1-click WordPress installer
- Email accounts
- Marketing credits
Filipinos can manage their hosting service through the GoDaddy control panel and make use of the localized support options discussed later.
VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting
In addition to shared hosting, GoDaddy provides virtual private servers (VPS) and dedicated server hosting for larger sites and businesses in the Philippines that need more resources and customization.
Some specs on their VPS and dedicated server offerings:
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Choices of Linux or Windows
- SSD disk speeds up to 7200 RPM
- RAM from 2GB to 16GB
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Intel Xeon processors
- HDD storage up to 1TB or all SSD configs
- RAM from 16GB to 256GB
- 10Gbps network uplinks
- DDOS protection
Pricing for VPS and dedicated servers are customized based on the specs, memory, storage space and bandwidth needed. GoDaddy sales can provide quotes.
Localized Support and Billing
An important aspect GoDaddy offers in the Philippines is localized support, documentation, and billing.
Some key points:
- Support site and docs available in Filipino language
- Philippine-based phone, email and chat support
- Accepts Philippine Peso (₱) billing and payments
- Data centers nearby in Asia for faster speeds
This means Filipinos can get assistance from reps who understand their needs without language barriers and pay for services in their own currency.
Data Center Locations in Asia
GoDaddy hosts websites in data centers around the world. For customers in the Philippines, they operate facilities in Asia.
Current GoDaddy data center locations nearby include:
- Hong Kong
Having web servers in these Asian regions allows faster speeds and performance for sites hosted by Filipino customers compared to data centers only in the US or Europe.
Summary of GoDaddy in the Philippines
To recap, GoDaddy provides the following services in the Philippines:
- .ph domain name registration
- Shared web hosting plans
- VPS and dedicated server hosting
- Support, docs and billing localized for Filipinos
- Data centers in Asia for faster speeds
So in summary – yes, GoDaddy does offer domain registration and web hosting services tailored specifically for the Philippines market.
GoDaddy Compared to Other Philippines Hosts
How does GoDaddy compare to other well-known web hosting providers available in the Philippines? Here is an overview:
GoDaddy’s shared hosting plans start at £3.99/month for their basic tier. This is competitive with other hosts serving the Philippines.
- Truehost – Starts at $2.49/month
- Hostinger – Starts at $2.99/month
- SiteGround – Starts at $3.99/month
So GoDaddy is in the same ballpark for entry-level shared hosting. The higher-tier plans with more resources are where pricing diverges more.
Data Center Locations
Most Philippines hosts operate data centers within the country itself. For example:
- Bluehost – Manila, Philippines
- Hostinger – Manila, Philippines
- SiteGround – Manila, Philippines
GoDaddy relies more on centers in Singapore and Hong Kong to serve the region. This may result in slightly higher latencies for Filipino sites hosted with GoDaddy.
GoDaddy provides Philippine-based support which is on par with other hosts that also offer localized assistance. This includes phone, chat, email and documentation in Filipino.
The features across the major hosting providers are generally comparable for the most part – SSD storage, free SSL, backups, etc. GoDaddy does include some value-adds like their marketing credits.
GoDaddy has a more established brand reputation globally while local hosts like Hostinger and SiteGround are more well-known domestically within the Philippines specifically.
In summary, GoDaddy is competitive with other options for shared hosting starting prices and features. The main differences are the data center locations and some having more brand recognition locally.
Is GoDaddy a Good Choice for the Philippines?
Based on this overview, is GoDaddy a good choice for web hosting in the Philippines? Here are some pros and cons:
- Global established hosting company with good uptime and performance
- Offers all the standard hosting features and resources
- Localized support, docs and billing for Philippines customers
- Asia-based data centers provide decent speeds from Philppines
- Competitive entry-level pricing on shared hosting plans
- Does not have data centers directly within the Philippines
- Less brand reputation in the local market compared to some competitors
- Higher tier plans get more expensive than other hosts
For Filipinos wanting to host smaller websites or blogs, GoDaddy represents a solid option with competitive shared hosting price points and good features.
The global size of GoDaddy provides advantages around uptime and speed from their Asia data centers. Localized support and billing also make it friendlier to use versus foreign hosts.
For larger sites needing more resources or custom servers, GoDaddy becomes more expensive. Local Philippine hosts would likely be more affordable for higher tier needs.
But for basic personal sites, blogs and small business websites, GoDaddy can certainly be considered along with hosts that have data centers within the Philippines itself.
So in summary – yes Filipinos can use GoDaddy for capable and reasonably priced web hosting servicing their country.
It may not be the best fit for all use cases, but GoDaddy does represent a reputable choice for hosting many websites locally.