Website hosting in the Philippines is a foundational component of establishing an online presence.
For businesses and individuals in the Philippines looking to build a website, choosing the right hosting provider is essential.
This guide will provide an overview of the main website hosting options available in the Philippines, key factors to consider when choosing a host, and best practices to follow for optimal performance.
What is Web Hosting?
Website hosting in the Philippines refers to the service of providing server space and bandwidth to host the files, databases, email and other components that make up a website.
There are several types of website hosting services available in the Philippines market:
- Shared hosting – Multiple websites hosted on the same server. Affordable starting option.
- VPS hosting – Allocated virtual server resources. Flexible mid-range option.
- Dedicated hosting – Solo access to an entire physical server. Most powerful option.
- Managed WordPress hosting – Optimized for WordPress sites. User-friendly.
The hosting provider takes care of maintaining the servers, security, backups and uptime.
You get to focus on creating great content and optimizing your site performance.
When choosing a hosting provider in the Philippines, some key factors to consider are:
- Pricing – Hosting plans range from a few dollars a month for basic shared hosting to over $100 for dedicated servers. Review renewal costs too.
- Uptime – Look for guarantees of at least 99.9% uptime.
- Speed – Choose a host with local Philippine data center options.
- Storage and bandwidth – Pick a plan aligned with your site traffic needs.
- Security – Verify the host has essential security features and protocols.
- Support – Philippine based support via call, chat, tickets can be invaluable.
- Features – CDN, caching, backups and other value-adds.
|Technical Expertise Required
|$2-$10 per month
|$10-$50 per month
|$100+ per month
|Managed WordPress Hosting
|$10-$30 per month
|Small to Medium
Some best practices to follow when setting up website hosting in the Philippines:
- Conduct thorough research before selecting a web host. Read reviews and check their reputation.
- Leverage content delivery networks (CDN) and caching features to optimize website speed.
- Use strong security measures like SSL certificates, firewalls, DDoS mitigation.
- Backup your website files and databases regularly.
- Monitor server resource usage and upgrade your hosting plan when required.
- Comply with Philippine laws and regulations at all times.
Finding the right website hosting provider lays the foundation for a successful online presence.
This introduction covers the key hosting options, factors to consider, and best practices to follow when establishing website hosting in the Philippines.
Read on for more detailed advice and top recommended Philippine web hosts.
Popular Website Hosting Options in the Philippines
Now, when selecting a website hosting provider in the Philippines, you have several options to choose from.
The main types of hosting suitable for the Philippine market include:
Shared hosting involves hosting your website on a server shared with hundreds of other sites. It is the most affordable and beginner-friendly option.
With shared hosting, multiple websites are allocated space on the same server.
The hosting provider takes care of managing the server maintenance, hardware, network, and security so you don’t have to.
The resources of the server, such as RAM, storage space, and processor power, are shared between the websites hosted on it.
Shared hosting is best suited for:
- Personal websites
- Small business websites
- Sites with low to medium traffic volumes
- Low resource usage websites like blogs
Some popular shared hosting providers in the Philippines include:
- Truehost – Known for beginner-friendly dashboard and WordPress integration. From $2.49 per month.
- Hostinger – Offers affordable plans starting at $2.99 per month. Philippine based support and free SSL certificate.
- SiteGround – Fast performance and helpful support. Plans from $3.95 per month.
- HostGator – Feature-packed shared hosting with cPanel control panel. From $2.75 per month.
- DreamHost – Unmetered bandwidth and SSD storage. Prices starting at $2.59 per month.
|Shared Hosting Provider
|Starting Price per Month
|Data Center Location
The main benefits of using shared hosting include:
- Cost – Shared plans start from around $2-$10 per month, making it the most budget-friendly option.
- Easy to use – Managed by the hosting provider so minimal technical expertise needed.
- Scalability – Allows easy upgrades to VPS or dedicated plans as site grows.
The drawbacks to note:
- Limited resources – You may encounter performance issues during peak usage times when sharing server.
- Less control – Cannot customize server configuration beyond your account.
- Security risks – Websites hosted on same server are vulnerabilities.
Overall shared hosting is the best place to start for anyone new to website hosting. The low cost and easy maintenance makes it accessible for personal sites or small Philippine businesses testing the online waters.
VPS hosting stands for Virtual Private Server hosting. It involves allotting dedicated resources from a physical server to run your website in an isolated virtual environment.
With VPS hosting you get guaranteed RAM, storage space, bandwidth and other resources allocated just for your website. The virtual server is kept separate from other accounts on the physical machine.
VPS hosting is ideal for:
- Medium traffic websites
- Web apps and ecommerce stores
- Businesses needing more flexibility and control
Some leading VPS hosting providers in the Philippines:
- Cloudpap – Simple and robust VPS plans with SSD storage. Starts at $3.99 per month.
- Vultr – Fast deployment and scaling of VPS instances. Plans from $3.50 per month.
- Linode – SSD storage, worldwide data centers and IPv6 support. From $5 per month.
- Hostwinds – Fully managed VPS hosting and free migrations. Prices start at $4.50 per month.
- RoseHosting – Managed Kubernetes clusters and cloud VPS servers. From $15 per month.
|Starting Price per Month
The advantages of using VPS hosting include:
- Performance – Guaranteed resources for better speed and uptime.
- Flexibility – Install any software needed and fully customize server.
- Scalability – Scale up server resources instantly as website growth demands.
- Security – Isolated virtual environment is more secure than shared hosting.
The downsides to consider:
- Complexity – Requires more technical expertise compared to shared hosting.
- Cost – VPS hosting plans cost more than shared hosting.
- Maintenance – You may have to handle some server management tasks.
For medium traffic Philippine websites that need greater speed, control and scalability, VPS plans offer an affordable mid-range hosting option before leaping to dedicated servers.
Dedicated hosting provides an entire physical server allocated just for your website. It offers the highest performance, security and control – at a premium price.
With dedicated hosting you have full root access to configure a server however needed for your website. The server’s resources like processors, RAM and storage are not shared with any other accounts.
Dedicated hosting is suitable for:
- High traffic websites
- Large enterprises and corporations
- Mission-critical sites and web apps
- Websites needing maximum performance and control
Some of the top dedicated hosting providers in the Philippines:
- Rackspace – Fanatical support and uptime for dedicated servers. Prices from $149 per month.
- Amazon Web Services – Highly flexible cloud hosting with EC2 dedicated instances.
- Liquid Web – Ultra high performance dedicated servers with SSD storage. Plans start at $199 per month.
- InMotion Hosting – Scalable dedicated server plans with free SSL. From $105.99 per month.
- A2 Hosting – Unmetered bandwidth and free site migration. Starting at $99.59 per month.
|Starting Price per Month
|Data Center Locations
|Amazon Web Services
|Managed services available
|US, Asia, Europe
The main benefits of dedicated hosting include:
- Performance – Unrivaled speeds and uptime with full access to resources.
- Security – Completely isolated physical server.
- Customization – Total control to customize and optimize as needed.
- Scalability – Scale up to multiple dedicated servers as required.
The limitations to note:
- Cost – Most expensive hosting option with monthly fees over $100.
- Complexity – Requires significant technical expertise to manage servers.
- Overkill – Unnecessary for many small to midsize websites.
For high profile Philippine corporations and enterprises running mission-critical sites, the premium investment in dedicated hosting may be justified by the need for maximum performance and control.
Managed WordPress Hosting in the Philippines
Managed WordPress hosting provides a web hosting environment finely tuned and optimized just for WordPress sites.
The servers and infrastructure are set up specifically for optimal WordPress performance. The hosts manage all WordPress and server updates, security, speed optimization, and backups for you.
Managed WordPress hosting is suitable for:
- WordPress sites
- Small to medium traffic sites
- Clients who want easy WordPress management
- Sites focused on speed and security
Some of the top managed WordPress hosting providers in the Philippines include:
- WPX Hosting – Ultra fast WordPress hosting with custom solutions. Plans from $24.50 per month.
- Kinsta – Google Cloud powered WordPress hosting and management. From $30 per month.
- Pagely – Specialists in high traffic managed WordPress hosting. Prices starting at $25 per month.
- Pressable – WordPress speed and security optimized plans. From $25 per month.
- Cloudways – Managed WordPress hosting on top IaaS providers. Starts at $10 per month.
|Starting Price per Month
|Data Center Locations
|Google Cloud locations
|AWS, Google Cloud
The advantages of managed WordPress hosting include:
- Speed – Optimized servers for fast WordPress performance.
- Security – Protection against threats, automated backups, regular updates.
- Support – WordPress experts handle technical issues for you.
- Reliability – High uptime and redundancy from leading platforms.
- Convenience – No need to manage servers, updates, or caching yourself.
The limitations to be aware of:
- Cost – More expensive than regular shared hosting plans.
- Flexibility – Cannot install custom software outside WordPress.
- Scalability – Limited ability to scale vs dedicated hosting.
For Philippine users looking for a fast, secure and hassle-free WordPress hosting experience, managed WordPress plans are worth the additional investment.
- How Much is Website Hosting in the Philippines? Revealed
- #5 Best Free Web Hosting Options in the Philippines
- Shared hosting – Affordable starting option for low traffic personal and small business sites.
- VPS hosting – Mid-range flexible hosting for higher traffic midsize websites.
- Dedicated hosting – Most powerful but expensive option for large enterprise needs.
- Managed WordPress hosting – Optimized WordPress environment with expert management.
The right hosting plan for your Philippine website depends on your budget, traffic levels, business needs and technical expertise.
Conduct in-depth research before selecting a provider to ensure it fits both your current and future requirements.
Key Hosting Costs and Considerations in the Philippines
The cost of website hosting in the Philippines can range from a few dollars per month for shared hosting to over $100 monthly for dedicated hosting.
But, there are several factors that influence hosting costs which you should evaluate when choosing a plan.
Hosting Plan Rates
The main types of website hosting suitable for the Philippine market have the following typical cost ranges:
- Shared hosting – $2 to $10 per month
- VPS hosting – $10 to $50 per month
- Dedicated hosting – $100+ per month
- Managed WordPress hosting – $10 to $30 per month
Of course, costs can go higher or lower than these rough ranges depending on the hosting provider, server resources allotted, and value-added features.
When comparing plans, look beyond just the starting monthly rate. Some hosts offer deep discounted introductory offers but the renewal costs are much higher.
Shared hosting in the Philippines represents the most budget-friendly option to get started.
VPS and dedicated hosting provide more flexibility, resources and control at a higher price.
Managed WordPress hosting strikes a balance with optimized WordPress performance and management for moderate fees.
The amount of server resources like CPU, RAM, storage space, and bandwidth allotted to your website hosting account directly impacts performance.
More resources allow for support for higher traffic volumes and activity.
With shared hosting, the finite resources of a server are distributed across all accounts which can hamper individual site performance during peak times.
VPS and dedicated hosting allocate guaranteed resources just for your website for consistently faster performance.
The more resources you require, the higher the hosting fees.
Data Transfer and Bandwidth
The monthly data transfer or bandwidth limit determines the total amount of data that can be sent and received by your website within that period.
Every page view, file download, and other request consumes a bit of your allotted bandwidth.
Entry-level shared hosting plans may impose bandwidth limits of 10-100 GB per month. VPS and dedicated plans usually offer unmetered or terabytes of monthly bandwidth.
Overage fees can be very expensive so carefully calculate your expected traffic and allow plenty of headroom for growth when selecting a hosting plan.
Many web hosts offer free domain name registration for the first year when you sign up for one of their hosting plans.
This can save you $10-15 on buying a domain separately.
However, this means your domain is registered and managed under the host account rather than independently through a registrar.
If you later switch hosts, you may have to pay additional fees to transfer or re-register the domain.
Support and Managed Services
Hosting providers in the Philippines differ vastly in the level of support and managed services included:
- Basic shared hosting requires you to self-manage everything beyond the core infrastructure.
- Fully managed VPS and dedicated hosting plans take care of security, software updates, backups, speed optimization and more for you.
- Managed WordPress hosting provides specialized WordPress experts for maintenance, troubleshooting and security.
Opt for higher levels of support if you want to outsource the technical aspects of hosting and focus on your business.
But prepare to pay premium rates to have the host handle tasks for you.
Contract Length and Refund Policy
Many web hosts offer significant discounts for signing up for longer term contracts like 1-3 years.
The trade-off is reduced flexibility if you later want to switch providers.
Try to find hosts that allow monthly terms for initial testing before committing to a long contract.
Also review the refund policy carefully, with 30 days as a reasonable trial period.
|Typical Starting Price Range per Month
|$2 – $10
|$10 – $50
|Managed WordPress Hosting
|$10 – $30
Keep the above key factors in mind when evaluating hosting costs.
Balancing your budget against needs for resources, bandwidth, domains, and support will help narrow the choices and avoid surprises.
Hosting Cost Calculators
To arrive at a more accurate estimate of website hosting costs based on projected resource requirements, you can do some quick calculations.
In your inputs, factor in:
- Type of hosting required – shared, VPS, dedicated
- Operating system and control panel
- Number of websites to be hosted
- Expected monthly visitors
- Required disk space, bandwidth, RAM, CPU cores
- Data center location
- Add-on features like dedicated IP, backups, SSL
And based on these parameters, estimate the monthly and yearly costs across various hosting providers.
This can serve as a rough benchmark when comparing plans.
The key inputs that drive hosting costs are disk space, monthly data transfer, and server RAM.
Using overages on these resources results in costly fees, so size your plan well.
Factor in room for growth by estimating traffic and storage needs for at least 2 years out. This ensures your website will maintain optimal performance as it expands.
Philippines Hosting Specific Considerations
When choosing website hosting catered to the Philippine market, some particular factors to consider are:
Local Data Center – Hosting your site at a data center located in the Philippines provides the fastest connectivity and performance for local users. Major hosting providers have data center options in Manila and Cebu.
Dedicated IP – A dedicated IP address for your account avoids shared IP related problems and improves deliverability. Cost is usually $5-$10 per month.
Language Support – Pick a host with Philippine English language options and Filipino language support if required.
Payment Options – Local payment methods like bank transfer, GCash, PayMaya in addition to credit cards.
Tax implications – Understand any tax payments and documentation required for using international hosting services.
Avoid hosts without a Philippine presence that route locally from distant data centers. This results in slow load times. Research hosts catering specifically to the Philippine market.
Here is a 1500 word section on best practices for website hosting in the Philippines using Markdown formatting:
Best Practices for Website Hosting in the Philippines
Following sound web hosting practices is key to having a positive hosting experience in the Philippines.
Here are some top tips and best practices to adopt:
Choose a Reputable Hosting Provider
Selecting the right hosting provider sets the foundation for the performance and security of your website.
Some best practices when shortlisting and evaluating Philippine web hosts:
- Reliability – Check reviews and uptime track records. Avoid cheap unreliable hosts.
- Support – 24/7 support via live chat, phone, tickets is invaluable.
- Features – Assess built-in speed optimizations, security, and ease of use.
- Price – Compare pricing of multiple hosts for your required plan resources.
- Terms – Review contract periods, renewal costs, refund policy carefully.
Take time to thoroughly research hosts catering to the Philippine market before purchasing a plan.
Utilize a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
A CDN (Content Delivery Network) refers to geographically distributed networks of proxy servers that cache website files and assets across multiple locations.
Top benefits of using a CDN:
- Faster speed – Content served from edge locations close to website visitors.
- Better uptime – Eliminates single point of failure risks.
- Reduced bandwidth costs – Caching minimizes requests back to origin.
- Improved security – Additional DDoS protection and web application firewall.
Many Philippine focused hosts like SiteGround, WPX Hosting, Kinsta include integrated CDNs or offer CDN add-ons like Cloudflare. Enable this to optimize website performance.
Configure Caching and Minification
This avoids having to reload and re-serve these static assets on every request.
Caching reduces server load and improves page load times.
Most Philippine hosts provide caching features out-of-the-box or through plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Rocket.
Minification removes all unnecessary characters like whitespace, comments, indentation from code to minimize file sizes for faster delivery. HTML, CSS and JS minification plugins are available.
Combined, caching and minification techniques can often double or triple website speeds for Philippines visitors.
Back Up Site Files and Database
It is absolutely critical to maintain regular backups of your website to avoid catastrophic data loss. Follow these backup best practices:
- Automated backups – Use your host’s automated daily/weekly backups feature if provided.
- Manual backups – Manually backup important files locally or to cloud storage regularly.
- Offsite backups – Store backups externally for redundancy against infrastructure failures.
- Test restoration – Validate you can successfully restore backups if needed.
Backups provide insurance against disasters like server crashes, ransomware attacks, accidental deletions, and natural calamities.
Use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate
An SSL certificate encrypts the connection between a web server and browser to enable secure HTTPS access.
Benefits of installing SSL on your Philippine website:
- Data security – Encrypts all information exchanged between user and website.
- Trust – Padlock icon denotes site security. Improves visitor confidence.
- SEO – Google ranks HTTPS sites higher than HTTP in search results.
Top Philippine hosts like Truehost and WPX Hosting provide free SSL certificate installation.
For others, you can get SSL from third parties like Let’s Encrypt.
Monitor Server Resource Usage
It is important to continuously monitor your website hosting server resources like:
- CPU – Overall compute utilization
- RAM – Memory being used
- Disk – Available storage space
- I/O – Disk read/write speeds
- Network – Inbound/outbound bandwidth
Many Philippine hosts provide server resource monitoring within account dashboards.
This helps spot any constraints that may require upgrading hosting plans before they cause performance issues or outages.
Proactively scale up your server resources like RAM, bandwidth, storage when usage nears 70-80% of allotted capacity.
Stay Updated and Patch Security Vulnerabilities
Running outdated software and CMSs exposes your site to vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers. Some good security practices:
- Update CMS – Upgrade WordPress, Joomla, Drupal core when updates are released.
- Update plugins/themes – Patch third party plugins/themes or restrict access until updates are available.
- Update PHP – Use the latest stable PHP version for security enhancements.
- OS patches – Apply operating system and associated software security patches.
- Access control – Restrict accounts to least privileges needed.
Managed WordPress hosts like Truehost Cloud stay on top of handling updates and security for you.
With self-managed hosting, you are responsible for keeping your stack secured.
Comply with Local Laws and Regulations
When establishing website hosting in the Philippines, you must comply with relevant Philippine laws and regulations.
Some key aspects:
- Tax obligations – Pay taxes for using offshore hosting services if applicable. Maintain proper documentation.
- Data privacy – Comply with the Data Privacy Act when handling visitor information.
- Intellectual property – Respect trademarks, patents, copyrights, licenses.
- Prohibited content – Do not host illegal or regulated material like pornography.
- Information security – Follow cybersecurity standards mandated by the government.
Non-compliance can lead to fines, penalties or legal action. Consult professionals to ensure you meet requirements.
Optimize for Mobile Visitors
An increasing proportion of Philippine website traffic is from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Some tips to improve mobile experience:
- Responsive design – Website dynamically adapts layout for any screen size.
- AMP pages – Accelerated Mobile Pages enable blazing fast speeds.
- Minimal design – Avoid clutter and large file sizes.
- Legible fonts – Use fonts optimized for mobile readability.
- Streamlined flows – Simplify navigation and forms for touch interfaces.
Optimizing for mobile users enhances engagement and conversions for Filipino website visitors.
Choosing the right website hosting provider is a foundational decision for establishing an online presence in the Philippines.
This guide has provided an extensive overview of the key hosting options, costs, considerations, and best practices to help you make an informed hosting decision tailored for the Philippine market.
The main hosting types suitable for Philippine websites are:
- Shared hosting – Affordable starting option for low traffic sites.
- VPS hosting – More flexible and scalable for medium traffic.
- Dedicated hosting – Most powerful but costly for large enterprises.
- Managed WordPress hosting – Optimized WordPress environment.
Carefully evaluate aspects like pricing, server resources, bandwidth limits, support levels, and contract terms when comparing plans. Utilize cost calculators to estimate budgets for your specific needs.
Adopting hosting best practices like using CDNs, caching, backups, SSL, and mobile optimization will ensure optimal performance, security, and visitor experience.
Monitor resource usage closely as your website grows over time. Scale up to more robust hosting plans as required to maintain fast speeds.
Top providers like Truehost, Hostinger, DigitalOcean, Kinsta, and WPX Hosting cater specifically to the Philippine market with local data centers, language support, and payment methods.
With the right hosting plan matched to your website goals and best practices applied, you can have a positive, successful hosting experience in the Philippines.
The cost of website hosting in the Philippines varies depending on the hosting provider and the specific package you choose. Prices can range from as low as PHP 150 per month for basic shared hosting plans, up to several thousand pesos per month for more advanced hosting solutions. It is important to carefully consider your website’s requirements and budget before selecting a hosting plan.
To host your website, you need to follow a few simple steps. First, you need to choose a hosting provider that suits your needs. Then, select a hosting package and register a domain name (if you haven’t already). Once you have these, you can upload your website files to the hosting server using FTP or a file manager provided by the hosting provider. Finally, configure your domain’s DNS settings to point to your hosting server, and your website will be live.
Hosting fees for a website can vary widely depending on factors such as the type of hosting, the amount of storage and bandwidth required, and additional features like SSL certificates or dedicated IP addresses. Shared hosting, which is the most common and economical option, can start as low as PHP 150 per month, while more advanced options like VPS or dedicated servers can cost several thousand pesos per month.
The expense of hosting a website depends on the specific hosting plan and provider you choose. Shared hosting is generally the most affordable option for small to medium-sized websites, while more resource-intensive websites might require VPS or dedicated server hosting, which can be more expensive. It is important to assess your website’s needs and budget to find the most cost-effective hosting solution.
The charge of hosting a website varies depending on the hosting provider and package you select. Hosting charges typically cover the cost of server space, bandwidth, technical support, and additional features. It is advisable to compare different hosting providers and their pricing structures to find the best value for your specific requirements.
Web hosting refers to the service of storing and making websites accessible on the internet. It involves renting server space and resources from a hosting provider, who maintains the servers and ensures that your website is available to visitors. An example of a web hosting provider in the Philippines is Truehost Cloud which offers various hosting plans and services to cater to different website needs.
Web hosting is the foundation of any website, enabling it to be accessible to users worldwide. The benefits of web hosting include:
– Reliable and secure storage: Hosting providers ensure that your website’s files and data are stored securely on their servers, minimizing the risk of data loss or unauthorized access.
– Increased website performance: With proper hosting, your website will have sufficient resources to handle user traffic, resulting in faster loading times and a better user experience.
– Technical support: Hosting providers typically offer technical support to assist with any issues or concerns you may encounter with your website.
– Customization and scalability: Hosting plans often come with options to upgrade or customize your resources as your website grows, allowing you to adapt to changing needs.
In PHP, hosting refers to the process of deploying and making a PHP-based website or application accessible on a web server. PHP hosting typically involves configuring the server environment to support PHP scripts and databases, ensuring compatibility and optimal performance for PHP-powered websites.
Web hosting and web server are closely related but distinct concepts. Web hosting refers to the service provided by a hosting company, which involves storing and making websites accessible on the internet. It encompasses various server-related tasks such as server maintenance, security, and technical support.